ICBA CERTIFIED INSTRUCTORS SCHOOL
The International Candlepin Bowling Association (ICBA) conducts instructor’s schools annually at strategic locations in the U.S. and Canada. Locations are determined by demand by the various states and provinces.
The one-day event usually starts at 9:00 am and finishes between 4:30 and 5:00 pm. Classroom and on-lane instruction are conducted by Dan Murphy.
The intent of the school is to teach students to teach the basics of Candlepin bowling and to provide qualified instructors for any and all ICBA centers. Who should attend? Managers, counter personnel, proprietors, coaches, junior bowling coordinators, assistants, school teachers, youth directors at YMCA’s, neighborhood clubs, etc. Any young adult or adult seriously interested in helping a center with the instruction of Candlepin bowling.
Nearly 300 students have been qualified at these ICBA events to date with the expectation that hundreds more will be qualified as the word gets out to all corners of the industry.
To schedule a school or register:
- Contact the ICBA office.
- File the appropriate registration form/s.
- Cost is $100.00 per person for ICBA members. $150 per person for non-ICBA members. Checks are made payable to ICBA
- Minimum class size to be determined by the director.
- Students receive 4 to 6 hours of basic instruction.
- Certified Instructor certificates suitable for framing (1 to be posted in the bowling center), a wallet certificate and a 4” Certified Instructors arm patch will be awarded to each student.
- Additional Instructor Schools may be scheduled for the fee of $2000 paid to the ICBA. Attendance not to exceed 20.